FireAngel ST-620 Thermoptek smoke alarm
Always avoid dropping or damaging the alarm, as with any electrical device which has its own power supply the alarm should be treated with respect and in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidance particularly after it has been uninstalled.
- Always refer to the user manual available either for download on the Support section of this website or by clicking on this link ST-620 Thermoptek Manual.pdf
- If your alarm is installed on a ceiling and is not emitting a low battery/fault warning, with its red indicator light flashing every 40 seconds, it is working correctly and should be left in situ
- If your alarm emits a low battery/fault warning of a single chirp every 40 seconds, the alarm will still function, however you should contact: the FireAngel Technical Support line on 0800 141 2561 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for advice
- If you are advised to replace the alarm, the alarm should be carefully removed and disposed of in line with the instructions set out in the user manual supplied to you when the alarm was fitted
- If you don’t feel you can remove the alarm safely, please contact the FireAngel Technical support team or your local Fire and Rescue Service that fitted it during the Home Fire Safety Check, who will arrange to visit you and replace the alarm.
How to silence the ST-620 after it’s been removed from the ceiling
If your smoke alarm is dropped or damaged, as a precaution, it should be removed from the building and you should contact FireAngel Technical Support on 0800 141 2561 or email@example.com
- The ST-620 is designed to be silenced automatically once removed from the mounting plate on the ceiling
- If the alarm continues to chirp once removed from the mounting plate on the ceiling, please take the following steps:
- Position the alarm face down, so the label on its base can be read. Locate the ‘activation arm’ towards the top right hand side of the alarm (see figure 1).
- Using a screwdriver or other suitable blunt implement, carefully ease the activation arm upwards and bend out of the way. The arm may break off although it does not need to (see figure 2).
CAUTION; take care when carrying out this procedure. Do not use anything sharp to pull out the activation arm.
- The alarm should now be silent.
- In the unlikely event it is still chirping, then please contact FireAngel Technical Support on 0800 141 2561 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the alarm has been disabled in this manner, the alarm can be disposed of in-line with the user manual or returned to FireAngel if still under warranty.
Clearly, without an alarm you increase the risk that you will not be warned in the event of a fire occurring. In which case, you should contact the FireAngel Technical support team or your local Fire and Rescue Service if they fitted it during the Home Fire Safety Check. Both can arrange to replace the alarm.
Please ensure you test your smoke alarm in accordance with the user manual that was supplied to you when your alarm was fitted. Alternatively it is available from this website - ST-620 Thermoptek Manual.pdf
WARNING - under no circumstances attempt to break open or damage the alarm.