Preparing your rental properties for winter is essential. Not only will this help you save you money, but it will help protect your tenants.
To help avoid stress for both you and your tenants over the winter months, we’ve put together a list of our top tips:
- Make your property energy efficient through insulation. Cavity wall insulation, draft excluders and loft insulation are just some ways to keep heat in the property.
- Ask a plumber to ensure all pipe work is lagged to reduce the risk of water pipes bursting or freezing and causing costly repairs.
- Ensure boilers and fireplaces are ready and safe for use, with regular servicing to make sure they are in good working order. This reduces the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Test all smoke and CO alarms to make sure they are working correctly. Landlords must have a working smoke alarm on each habitable floor of the property and a CO alarm in any room with a solid fuel-burning appliance.
- After stormy weather it’s important to assess any damage quickly, checking for structural problems, missing tiles or cracked render and identifying any potential issues early on.
- Keep an eye on the health of the property’s trees and large shrubs to reduce the risk of damage.
For more information on how FireAngel could help make your life simpler as a landlords:
You may also enjoy: