CO Advice

Guide to keeping safe from carbon monoxide at home

Download our free guide on carbon monoxide, to help keep you and your family safe from ‘the silent killer’. 

You can’t see it, taste or smell it – but carbon monoxide (often referred to as ‘CO’) is a toxic gas that can kill you quickly, with no warning. Carbon monoxide can be caused when appliances such as boilers, cookers, heaters, gas fires and solid fuel burners are faulty, have been incorrectly fitted or not regularly serviced. It can also occur if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked or poorly maintained.

The only way to be alerted to a carbon monoxide leak is with a CO alarm. In this guide, learn more about what carbon monoxide is, where in the home it could be produced and what the key symptoms and dangerous signs to look out for are.

If you have further queries or need advice then get in touch with our Customer Support team.