The common sources of Carbon Monoxide (CO) are cookers, fires, boilers, oil and gas boilers, portable generators, oil or solid fuel cookers, gas or paraffin heaters, barbecues (BBQs), clogged chimneys, wood or gas fireplaces, cigarette smoke or any fossil fuel-burning appliances.

Regular servicing of these items will help reduce the risk of CO in your home but it will not completely remove the risk. The only way to detect CO in your home is to install a Carbon Monoxide detector with an audible alarm.

This indicates that the unit has a low battery or has developed a fault. There are 3 possibilities:
• If the amber LED is flashing at the same time as the chirp, this indicates a low battery condition and the alarm should be replaced as soon as possible and certainly within 30 days.
• If the amber LED is flashing at a different time to the chirp, this indicates a fault and the alarm should be replaced as soon as possible.
• If the amber LED is double flashing and the alarm is making a ‘chirping’ sound, this indicates that the wireless module has a low battery condition, or is faulty. The alarm should be replaced as soon as possible.

A carbon monoxide leak has been detected. Keep calm and open the doors and windows to ventilate the property.

Your alarm is working normally.

The battery is low or the sensor is at the end of its life. The unit should be replaced within 30 days.

The FireAngel FP-1820W2-R, CO-9B and CO-9X Carbon Monoxide Alarms are suitable for all domestic settings, including caravan holiday homes, caravans, motor caravans.

If your Carbon Monoxide detector is in alarm mode you should follow the below steps:

1. Ventilate the home by opening doors and windows
2. Stop using fuel-burning appliances, if possible turn them off
3. Evacuate the property, leaving the windows and doo

You should always regular Gas Safety checks to ensure your fuel-burning appliances are in good working order. If you have an open fire you should ensure your chimney is maintained regularly. It is important to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed, if possible in every room with a fuel-burning appliance, without an alarm you would be unable to sense if CO was present in the air.

Your Carbon Monoxide alarm should have a green flash every 40-45 seconds to show that there is power going to the unit. The light flashes very briefly and can often be difficult to see. If you are unable to see the light, try looking at the unit in a dark room with no lights on, this makes it easier to see. If you still do not see the green light, please contact our Technical Support Team.

If your Carbon Monoxide detector is in alarm mode you should follow the below steps:

1. Ventilate the home by opening doors and windows

2. Stop using fuel-burning appliances, if possible turn them off

3. Evacuate the property, leaving the windows and doors open in an emergency call National Gas Service on: 0800 111 999. Alternatively contact your gas or another fuel supplier on their emergency number.

4. Don’t re-enter the property until the alarm has stopped.

5. Get medical help immediately for anyone suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

6. Don’t use the appliance again until it has been checked by an expert.

The symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning are: Fatigue, Impulsiveness, Flu-like symptoms, Confusion, Abdominal Pain, Nausea and vomiting, Weakness, Palpitations, Shortness of breath, Agitation, Drowsiness, Hallucinations, Visual Disturbances. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and are concerned about a Carbon Monoxide leak you should turn off all fuel-burning appliances, open all windows and doors and leave the property. You should not re-enter the property until a gas safe engineer has inspected the residence and confirmed that it is safe to do so. Carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless and tasteless so it cannot be sensed by humans, it is always advisable to purchase a Carbon Monoxide detecter so you can be alerted to any Carbon Monoxide leak.

FireAngel Carbon Monoxide units are designed to be portable. If you are concerned about CO being present in patients properties the CO-9D would be a perfect choice as this has a digital display and will show you a reading (if any) of the amount of CO present in the air.

There are 3 main types of sensor that a Carbon Monoxide alarm uses; Biometric Sensors, Metal Oxide Semiconductor and Electrochemical Sensors. FireAngel Carbon Monoxide alarms use Electrochemical Sensors. This type of sensor works when electrodes in a chemical solution sense changes in electrical currents when they come into contact with Carbon Monoxide, this change triggers the alarm. The electrochemical sensor in FireAngel Carbon Monoxide alarms is designed to accurately measure low levels of Carbon Monoxide providing an early warning of toxic CO levels in your home.

If you have smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms linked in a network it can be difficult to determine whether the danger is fire or Carbon Monoxide.

However, if the danger is smoke related the devices will be sounding the alarm in a three beep pattern – ‘beep beep beep’. If the danger is Carbon Monoxide related the devices will be sounding the alarm in a four beep pattern – ‘beep beep beep beep’.

There are a variety of Child-friendly Carbon Monoxide educational videos on Youtube. Click the link to find a favourite of ours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8Elh1cqfI&feature=emb_logo

The screen has two stand-by displays –

1. Room temperature is shown in degrees centigrade – making this alarm perfect for bedrooms

2. The current CO level in parts per million

To switch between the two displays you can press the test button – during this time the alarm will display the peak CO levels recorded by the alarm over the last 4 weeks.

Yes – the FireAngel Pro Connected FP1820W2-R Carbon Monoxide Alarm, when paired with a Smart Gateway, will allow you to review alerts and easily test the alarm from your phone.

When a Carbon Monoxide alarm is triggered, it will emit an alarm sound consisting of 4 loud beeps and a break repeated until the sensor is clear of Carbon Monoxide gas.

Carbon Monoxide is produced when fuels burn incompletely – this could be from a boiler, gas fire, oven, log burner or a blocked flue or chimney. It can also travel through walls from adjoining properties, so as well as having an alarm next to appliances in your property we would also advise you have one in living spaces and bedrooms.

To help prevent a Carbon Monoxide leak we advise getting your appliances regularly serviced by reputable engineers who are gas safety registered.

Yes – Our FP1820W2-R, CO-9D and CO-9x products have sealed for life batteries and will protect your home, without you need to replace the batteries every year.

A Carbon Monoxide alarm is the only way to receive an audible alert to the presence of Carbon Monoxide (CO) in your home, or whilst you’re away on holiday.

CO is a gas which cannot be seen, tasted or smelt but can result in CO poisoning and illness or in some cases death. It’s created in our homes when the fuel in products, such as boilers, fires and ovens does not burn completely. Regular servicing of these products can reduce the risk of CO being present but it cannot completely remove the risk.