FireAngel FAQ's

Read More About the Most Common Questions We Get Asked About Our Products and Fire Safety

The common sources of Carbon Monoxide (CO) are cookers, fires, boilers, oil and gas boilers, portable generators, oil or solid fuel cookers, gas or paraffin heaters, barbecues (BBQs), clogged chimneys, wood or gas fireplaces, cigarette smoke or any fossil fuel-burning appliances.

Regular servicing of these items will help reduce the risk of CO in your home but it will not completely remove the risk. The only way to detect CO in your home is to install a Carbon Monoxide detector with an audible alarm.

This indicates that the unit has a low battery or has developed a fault. There are 3 possibilities:
• If the amber LED is flashing at the same time as the chirp, this indicates a low battery condition and the alarm should be replaced as soon as possible and certainly within 30 days.
• If the amber LED is flashing at a different time to the chirp, this indicates a fault and the alarm should be replaced as soon as possible.
• If the amber LED is double flashing and the alarm is making a ‘chirping’ sound, this indicates that the wireless module has a low battery condition, or is faulty. The alarm should be replaced as soon as possible.

A carbon monoxide leak has been detected. Keep calm and open the doors and windows to ventilate the property.

Your alarm is working normally.

The battery is low or the sensor is at the end of its life. The unit should be replaced within 30 days.

The FireAngel FP-1820W2-R, CO-9B and CO-9X Carbon Monoxide Alarms are suitable for all domestic settings, including caravan holiday homes, caravans, motor caravans.

If your Carbon Monoxide detector is in alarm mode you should follow the below steps:

1. Ventilate the home by opening doors and windows
2. Stop using fuel-burning appliances, if possible turn them off
3. Evacuate the property, leaving the windows and doo

The FireAngel FP-1820W2-R, CO-9B, CO-9X and CO-9D Carbon Monoxide Alarms are suitable for all domestic settings, including caravan holiday homes, caravans, motor caravans.

You should always regular Gas Safety checks to ensure your fuel-burning appliances are in good working order. If you have an open fire you should ensure your chimney is maintained regularly. It is important to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed, if possible in every room with a fuel-burning appliance, without an alarm you would be unable to sense if CO was present in the air.

Your Carbon Monoxide alarm should have a green flash every 40-45 seconds to show that there is power going to the unit. The light flashes very briefly and can often be difficult to see. If you are unable to see the light, try looking at the unit in a dark room with no lights on, this makes it easier to see. If you still do not see the green light, please contact our Technical Support Team.